Sunday, May 22, 2011

Allergies...

This happened April 27, 2011....


Sophie has allergies. They are not life threatening, they just manifest into severe hay fever symptoms.

I spent night before last at my sister's house because the road on either side of my house is impassable due to flooding. We knew it was rising Wednesday night and I just stayed down there so I could get to work yesterday. Sophie stayed at Mom's and they came out through the neighbor's pig path after daylight so she could catch the bus. This meant nobody was at my house for over 24 hours to feed the cats. (they are outdoor cats)


We go home last night and as I am putting the key in the doorknob Sophie says "What's that?" kinda strangled like. I looked over, "Eh, a cat has killed a mole..." it's on it's back with it's little paws in the air, dead as a doornail.


She SHRIEKS and climbs up my back(I still don't know how she managed it, I was on the top step, she was on the bottom) screaming "IM ALLERGIC! IM ALLERGIC!" the whole time. I finally get us in the door and try to calm her down....

"WHAT are you talking about? You aren't allergic to moles..."


She looked at me through her tears and says "Uh huh.... The allergy doctor says I'm allergic to dogs, cats, grass, pollen and MOLES!"



Ummm....yeah, she's allergic to MOLD.

No comments:

Post a Comment